Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42852700/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001
I can't imagine the celebration in AJ and other US camps around the world with the news of our soldiers completing the ultimate mission at hand!!  I almost thought it was a hoax or a sick joke when I read the first post on a friend's Facebook wall "Wahoo!!! Osama bin laden has been killed! Finally!! A good day for every man and woman in uniform!"  I quickly seen it popping up on my homepage from military and non-military friends.  I then went to MSN where I seen it and began believing that the mission of the US had been completed!! 

I am eager to see how the road now unfolds in this war.  I am hopeful that this news will help bring a new sense of accomplishment and pride to our soldiers who have fought for the mission since 9-11.

Also, before I end for tonight, I want to ask that everyone say a quick prayer to the families of Sgt. Derrick Lutters of Goodland.  Derrick was killed in Iraq on May 1, 2005, during Brian's last deployment.  Derrick was a member of the 170th Maint. Co., but was serving with the 891st. Engineer Co. in Iraq when he was killed. May his family, friends and fellow soldiers still find peace and comfort in the memories they made with Derrick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment