Wednesday, May 25, 2011

10 DAYS, 10 BLESSINGS . . . . DAY 7

Blessing 7 ~ Our Faith!  This deployment has been successful because of my faith.  At the beginning of the deployment, even before Brian left for the sand, I was having lots of anxiety and horrible nightmares.  I know I shared these with a few of you.  My nightmares were very vivid, realistic and becoming more frequent.  It was very hard to concentrate on anything life handed me, because I was so uptight over the unknown.  After Christmas I finally decided to let go of my anxiety and hand it over to someone else.  Him.  I made the conscience decision to live without worry and fret.  I still continue to pray for Brian's safe return and to keep the kids and I safe and healthy while waiting for his return, but for now, I'm living with the belief that no matter how much worrying I do, our life story has already been written.  My nightmares have ceased, they are no more, and I'm thankful for that.  I can live in peace. 

Our faith in one another and our marriage has also been a huge blessing.  If Brian and I were to walk into a marriage counselor and write down all of the so-called "life changing moments" in the last 5 years of our marriage - I think the counselor would laugh and tell us the name of the nearest divorce lawyer.  But instead of these life changing moments tearing us apart, we have grown stronger and more bonded in one another.  I'm not going to lie and tell you that it has always been a bed of rose petals, but instead it has sometimes been a bed of roses and those thorns have hurt like hell.  But through it all we have believed in our marriage and have done more than just "make our marriage work."  We have made our marriage a way of life and neither of us want to live without it.  We hold each other and ourselves to very high standards in our marriage and the value of it.  We plan to be in this for the long run.  I want to be like my great-grandparents and celebrate our 65+ years of marriage while being surrounded by family and friends.  And this deployment has been a blessing to make this marriage one strong step closer to reaching our golden anniversary in the year 2050!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment