Wednesday, May 25, 2011

10 DAYS, 10 BLESSINGS . . . . DAY 8

Blessing 8 ~ Ainsley & Brogan!  Ainsley and Brogan help keep everything in perspective during our deployment. 

I remember during Brian's first deployment a local waitress asked me how I could have a smile on my face and be ready to face the world.  She said that if she were in my shoes she would just be laying in bed crying and worrying. I had a one year old ready to face the world each morning.  There was no way I could lay in bed, cry and feel sorry for myself.  I owed it to my daughter to be the best mommy she needed while her daddy was gone.

This deployment is no different.  Although we continuously have them in mind when each time we re-enlist, they are not old enough to be asked the question, "Should we re-enlist for another xx years?"  Ainsley and Brogan have their little safety net completly ripped open for a bit while Brian is away.  I try to med the net back together as best as I can, but I know that the netting is much stronger when Brian and I work together to raise our children.

Our children have handled this deployment so well!  They both make us proud!  I knew that Brogan wouldn't understand the whole logistics of deployment, but I was also worried about him not being able to understand that Daddy will be gone for a LONG time and not being real good with communicating to Brian when he called or skyped.  However, Brogan has done well.  He knows the sound of skype when it comes on my computer and is very good about taking control of the conversation and pushing everyone else out of the way.  I knew he was old enough not to forget who Brian was, but I have the fear that he may ignore his Daddy when Brian comes home. 

Now Ainsley, I know won't be ignoring her daddy!  She is a Daddy's girl through and through!!  This deployment has been very hard on Ainsley, but she has held her head high and has coped pretty well on the outside.  There are still nights that she breaks down at bedtime and cries that she misses Daddy or gets upset when she finds out that Brogan got to skype Daddy while she was in school.  She is so excited to have Daddy home!  I know she will be running to jump back into her daddy's arms as soon as she seems him walking through the terminal.   . . . . I just looked at the picture on our wall from Brian's first R&R when Ainsley was just 2 years old!  She seen her Daddy and nearly knocked 2 old ladies over as she went running to him.  As soon as he scooped her up, their eyes locked and you can just see the excitement and love beaming in their eyes and smiles!  The quote "Life is not measured by the the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away" is a perfect caption for that photograph and I can't wait to have another moment that takes our breath away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment