Thursday, May 19, 2011

10 Days, 10 Blessings . . . .Day 1

10 DAYS!!!  I am so excited I can hardly sit still.  My mind is racing in a thousand different directions!  Since we have 10 days before our family is reunited again, I decided to start a 10 Deployment Blessings in 10 Days series to not only show you, but to show myself some of the blessings this deployment has brought to me or our family.

Every week, I have two wonderful Kindergarten moms that volunteer for about 2 hours in my classroom.  They are wonderful additions to our classroom each week.  The kids and I both look forward to their weekly visits.  Ashlee and Suzanne have been so supportive and helpful to me this year, especially with all that has gone on.

This is the second time I have been blessed to have Suzanne as a classroom parent.  Two years ago, I met her when I was her daughter, Lara's kindergarten teacher.  Suzanne quickly became the favorite mom with Brian and the kids because she would often send home wonderful home-cooked suprises with me. This year, I got to have Tate in my classroom!  The Murdock's have become great family friends.  Suzanne has been my "go to" mom for two years.  She's the mom that I call on when I need help with a class party, she's been the mom that's not afraid to get dirty (she painted 22- 5-year old's feet!), and has become a great friend outside of school.

Ashlee, the spunky mother of three curly-haired little boys, came into my room at the begining of the year eager to do lots of volunteering.  Little did she know, I would take her up on the offer!  Ashlee came to my room every Wednesday morning with her curly-haired 2-year old, Levi, in tow to help with whatever I needed at the moment.  She has also become a great friend and we share many interests.  It's been fun to chat with her and get to know her and her family this year.  Ashlee has always been so supportive this year and has offered help whenever I need it.

Today, I was truly touched by the generosity of these two parents friends.  I was brought to tears with their gift for Brian and I.  Thank you to both of you and your families.  You are friends that I hope to keep outside of the classroom.  Again, you outdone yourself.  THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment