Friday, April 29, 2011

Mommy, Can We Go Get Daddy?

As Brogan was playing doctor with me tonight, he looks up at me with those big, dark brown eyes of his and speaks the most heart-breaking words this mommy wasn't ready for. . . . "Mommy, can we go get Daddy?  I miss Daddy.  Let's go get him in Kuwait."  Oh, talk about an ache that just jabbed my heart!  I reminded him that Daddy was in Kuwait and we would be able to go get him soon.  Then he asks, "Why is he in Kuwait?"  So we had to explain that Daddy is working for the army and when he gets done, we will go get him.  Lucky for me, he was satisfied with my explanation.

I wish everyone could understand that my children are missing their Daddy terribly.  My heart breaks when my little girl was so excited to share that she received a t-shirt in the mail from her Daddy in Kuwait, only to be told, "it's not that big of a deal, is it?"  I'm sorry, but yes, it IS a big deal for her.  My children relish in each mailing they receive from their Daddy and each time they get to Skype him.  I know many people have moved on and life has continued to unfold for them in the last 5 months, but my children dream of the day they get to run into their Daddy's arms and have him lift them up with a big squeeze and kiss.  We still miss him terribly each day.   You may only be reminded each time you see us or read our newest blog update, but we our reminded constantly.  Our lives have moved on, but our hearts are still aching for our family to be together, once again.

Please remember Ainsley and Brogan and their circumstance right now.  Let them share their joys, worries, anxieties and excitements of their Daddy's deployment.  Let them share this deployment with you. 

I would like to ask for prayers . . . prayers for Ainsley and Brogan, so they may continue to still see excitement in all the "little things" a deployment brings, prayers for our family to continue to stay strong through the remainder of the deployment, and also prayers for those that have been less supportive and inconsiderate to the feelings of my children during this deployment, may they show some compassion and empathy to my children for the remainder of the deployment.

6 comments:

  1. Stacy I can't imagine how hard it is for you and your family to not have Brian there with you. Reading your blog made me sad for you guys! How strong you must be your children while their Daddy is gone. Prayers for strength for you and your family and prayers for compassion and understanding from others. Take Care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy I am sorry that someone did not think before speaking. It made me cry just reading your post. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint" then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced._ Vincent Van Goch
    To all the children who miss their parents..we pray for a safe return for there is no such thing in their lifes as an unimportant day.Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs - Stacy! I'm so sorry for the hurtful comments to Ainsley. And that you can't just go pick up Daddy for Brogan. Such a hard and long journey with Brian gone. Praying for your family as you've asked and for those who lack compassion. I can definitely relate to how others move on with their lives and forget the pain and difficulty we and our children endure every day that our loved ones aren't with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stace, I just want you to know that I think of your family many more times than just when I see you. You are on my prayer list so you and your family are prayed for over and over. I know that as proud of your husband as you are, he has to be just as proud of you for taking on this task of single parent while he is serving. I pray for blessings abounding on your family.~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. That makes me upset someone would say such a thing to her~Wanda

    aww that's heartbreaking poor kids! keeping you all in our prayers, and hoping time goes by fast till R&R! I'm sure you are all getting very excited!~Vanessa

    Stacy so sorry to read your blog post, I really can't believe someone would have the nerve to say that to a grown up let alone a child! Prayers that people will be more understanding towards you and the kiddos and also that the remainder of the deployment speeds by!~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete