Saturday, May 21, 2011

Are You Flippin' Kidding Me?!?!?!

Yes, I use the F-word all the time.  I'm always saying "flippin"  just ask my mom, who hates the word flippin.  And it truly is the word flippin', not the other F-word.  And today, I've hit a world record saying it!!  I couldn't make this stuff up, even if I tried!

Today was supposed to be a very boring day, but it turned out to be a day full of excitement, anger, anxiety, joy, disappointment, heartache and laughter!  I've decided that boring is not in our family vocabulary!

We started the morning running late, with the kids coming to work with me to finish packing up my room for the summer.  I had been prepared and had bicycles loaded in the van so they could ride on the playground while I worked.  Brogan wasn't himself.  He was very tired and complaining that his legs hurt.  I had to carry him to the van because he said he couldn't walk.  He fell asleep before we even hit interstate.  His allergies and asthma have been bothering him with the weather, so I just thought he was over-tired from the restless nights he's been having.  Didn't think there was too much to worry or be concerned about.  As soon as we got to the school, Brogan THREW UP!  That's right, we had to drive 20 miles to have him throw up, and turn around and go back home.  "Are you flippin' kidding me?!?"  Not now!  I have report cards to finish, pink sheets for Jamie to complete, online surveys for check-out, a classroom to clean and pack-away, PLUS oodles and oodles of things to get finished at home before Brian comes home.  I don't have time for vomit!!  Brogan was in good spirits and was actually more alert after vomitting.  He was happy to get in the tub and put his new jammies and panties underwear.  (He's grown so much that he's in need of a new wardrobe.)

Ainsley quickly unloaded her bike from the van and took off to go ride bikes with Eric A. down the street.  They've been planning this for over a month!  They were pretending to be house appraisers.  I had to tell her that they could only "appraise" at the park after I spotted the two of them "appraising" the neighbors house and garage.  I didn't need the police called for two neighborhood kids lurking around houses.  After lunch, the two of them went back to their little bike ride and appraising adventures.  Around 1:30, Ainsley came home crying.  They had decided to try their hand at rollerblading and Ainsley, who has her mommy's agility, had fallen on her arm.  "Are you flippin' kidding me?!?"  She wasn't crying hysterically, but more of a "I just skinned my knee" kind of cry.  I told her that I thought she was fine and she actually got grounded because she wasn't supposed to be at their house, just on a bike ride.  

My sister called shortly after Ainsley came home to tell me that I had a new baby niece, Aleya Kayann!!  We were all pretty excited about Miss Aleya's arrival, but also, bummed that we couldn't go start giver little Miss Aleya hugs and kisses.  Poor Brogan couldn't get her name right, Leela, Eli, Leehi, yeeli.  I think she might need a nickname for a little while!  Hopefully once he gets to hold her, he can put her name to her face.  He's a baby hog, so I asked him who got to hold Baby Aleya first and he said, "You do!"  WOW!!  I'm so excited!!  I hope he keeps his promise tomorrow when we go meet her.

Brogan was beginning to feel better and asking to play outside, so I sent him out to enjoy the wonderful 70 degree-no wind day we were having.  I actually thought our bad day had come to an end.  I sat down to finish up my grade cards, check facebook and get sucked into my new addiction Pinterest.  We even ran to Dairy King for a french vanilla Pepsi. Yes, I've even got my kids hooked on french vanilla pepsi.  And, in case you've never tried a FV Pepsi from Dairy King, you have to!  It's a sin not to! 

The day was starting to look up!  I had delicious FV Pepsi, a little boy who seemed to be over whatever bug he'd had earlier, and a new little niece that was waiting for her Aunt Stacy to come spoil her~she even squaked when her mommy was talking to me on the phone.  Almost as if she was saying, please come spoil me Aunt Stacy!!~ 

Ainsley started complaining about her arm hurting again.  I couldn't tell if she was really in pain or just more upset that she was grounded from her bike.  We ate supper and I watched as she was completly favoring her arm.  Each time I asked her where it hurt, she was always consistent on where her arm was hurting.  After supper, I decided to take her to the ER.   . . . . . .and it was broke!  "Are you flippin' kidding me?!?"  It's broke about an inch above her left wrist.  It's the same arm she broke in August!  They just put a splint on it in case it swells.  We go back to the doctor on Monday where they will decide to cast or splint it.  "Are you flippin' kidding me?!?"  "Are you flippin' kidding me?!?"  "Are you flippin' kidding me?!?"  ARE YOU FLIPPIN' KIDDING ME?!?" 

By this point, is all I could do was laugh!  I called a couple friends and they just laughed too, followed by, "I'm sorry, it's not funny, but, OMG what more could happen!?!?"

By the time we got home, Ainsley was starting to really complain of pain.  She didn't like the way the attending nurse had pushed against her wrist.  Ainsley said it wasn't very nice of her!  LOL  So, I decided that we were doing baths, breathing treatments and bedtime before anything else could happen!  Oh, but it did . . . our water heater pretty much went out!  It's been limping along all deployment long.  Poor Ainsley had about 3 minutes of a hot shower followed by a lukewarm to chilly shower.  First time ever she's actually asked me to blow dry her hair. 

So, I'm off to bed.  Both children are snuggled in bed . . . Ainsley with some good pain medicine and Brogan with Benadryl for his allergy nose.  I hope we all have a peaceful night's sleep and get to enjoy baby Aleya tomorrow!!

I'm asking for prayers over the next 9 days!  Prayers for health and healing: Brogan's allergies and asthma are really giving him fits right now and Ainsley, of course, needs some extra healing in her arm.  Prayers for PEACE and serenity to help me get everything accomplished before Brian comes home and still be able to keep it under control!

Blessings to everyone this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment