Tuesday, December 7, 2010

OPOSSUM - I needed my husband last night!!

I am SUCH a city girl and I've never been afraid to admit it!!  Ask my husband or my dad, I don't like creatures that move or look ugly, I'm scared of bugs and spiders, and to say that I'm TERRIFIED of birds is a huge understatement . . . . So, last night the kids and I are coming home from the grocery store around 7:30, and of course it's already dark outside, when - "What to my wandering eyes should appear?!?! A large, stupid, rat-looking rodent that showed no fear!!"  Oh, sick I screeched as I followed him with my headlights walking up my sidewalk and around by the side of my house.  My fingers quickly dialed Dad at home.  He said to get Mia (our dog) in the house and go ahead and call the local police to see what they could do about it.  About 10 minutes later, Officer Rummel arrived at the door and just kind of smiled and said, I'm sorry, but there's not much we can do."  Oh, how I wish Brian would have been with me and he could have just shot the stupid thing!!  Or even Timber, he killed an opossum when we lived in Wamego.  Brave little dog!

I had thought the neighbors cats were eating Mia's dog food, but after talking to Leticia, I'm guessing it's the opossums and raccoons that they've also seen.  And her cats are so used to the opossums and raccoons that they aren't really putting up a fight to them.  I'm wondering now if they've been sleeping in Mia's dog box because she doesn't like to go in there much anymore.

So, needless to say, I dreamt about stupid opossums ALL  . . . NIGHT . . . LONG!!!  Stupid, ugly things were everywhere I turned in my sleep.

**If you hear Brogan say "stupid" I have no idea where he learned it!!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Stacy - but this post made me laught - a lot! Hope you don't have any more run ins with that opossum! =)

    Wanted to share with you a Christmas song I heard this morning that made me think of your family SO much! You've probably heard it before. But if you haven't heard it yet - check out the song "I'll Be Brave This Christmas" by Big Daddy Weave.

    ReplyDelete