Sunday, December 5, 2010

On His Way

Brian surprised us with another phone call this morning!  The kids and I were just hanging out watching some t.v. when my cell phone started ringing.  Ainsley has learned that we hurry to answer the phone just in case it's Daddy.  We don't want to miss a phone call because we were too little too late with answering. . . so, she quickly got the phone and gave it to me, and sure enough - it was Brian!!

He sounded pretty beat!  He said they were finally done with their field exercises and he had FINALLY gotten to SHOWER!!  He hadn't been able to shower since he left Indiana - THAT WAS NOV. 29!!!  YIKES!!  Training itself was pretty crappy, so he was ready to get on the move to their home-camp.  He figured they would be leaving sometime through the night to travel.

Ainsley was excited she got to talk to Daddy, too.  She told him about her school work and helping Papa hang the Christmas lights.  Then, it was Brogan's turn to talk, BUT Brogan said he "couldn't talk, I'm watching Kailahn".  So, he hollered "bye, Love you, Daddy" and went right back to watching his cartoons. Good thing Brian and I have been through deployment phone calls with a toddler before and know that you can't force them to talk.  I think once we get Brian a laptop and he is able to Skype then Brogan will find it more appealing to talk to Daddy.

Brian is supposed to send me his address when he gets to his camp.  If you would like his address, please email me at ainsleysmom610@gmail.com.  I will not be posting his address on the blog or facebook due to opsec.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment