Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HOME . . .

Today was filled with tons of emotions.  My stomach was a ball of nerves and excitement.  I had misplaced my military id, so I had to clean out my wallet and purse over lunch and found it in the console of my car.  I forgot to bring my camera, so I grabbed the school camera to throw in my bag for the airport.  We left Colby shortly after 4:00 yesterday to head to Denver to pick up Daddy from the airport. We hadn't even made it to Mingo and Brogan asked "Are we at the airport yet?"  Oh, boy!  This could be a long trip. 

To keep everyone entertained along the way we watched movies, called Grandpa Dean to sing Happy Birthday, and even talked to Daddy before he got on his airplane.  Brogan said he would wave at Daddy in the airplane when he was "watering" the rocks!  (I think that's his favorite part about traveling!)


Ainsley & Brogan arrive at gate A28.

We made it to the airport about 8:30, got our gate passes and quickly moved through security.  It went better than I thought.  The kids loved the moving walkways and escalators.  We made it to Brian's gate with about 20 minutes to spare.  I'm so glad I took the leash for Brogan.  I know that some of you reading this may not agree with putting a toddler on a child-restraint, but let me tell you, I took it off for about 3 minutes once we got to Brian's gate and had to dirt-roll Brogan to the ground to get him to stop running away from me!  The "tail" quickly went back on!  The little stinker was just laughing as he was running away.  Brogan was excited to see the luggage carts outside.  He said, "Hey Buzz is on there.  To infinety and beyond."  That kept him entertained for a mere oh, let's say 5 minutes.

Brian text me to let me know they were on the ground and making their way to the gate.  The kids and I were plastered to the window waiting for Daddy's plane to be in front of us.  When the Frontier Airlines plane with a deer pulled into gate A28, Ainsley started jumping up and down with excitement because it was Daddy's plane.  Brogan quickly followed suit.  We went over to the gate as soon as the passengers started departing the plane.  It seemed like it took for.ev.er for Brian to depart the plane.  Finally, I seen the first DCU departing the plane and it happened to be my husband!  I put Brogan down and both kids went running to the arms of their Daddy.  Brian had to scoop them both up and move out of the way because he was blocking others from exiting.  I never get tired of these homecomings!  
Daddy!!!




Nana and Papa were waiting for us at baggage claim.  It was 10:30 or so and none of us had eaten supper.  Thank goodness there are restaraunts still open late near the airport.  We had a bite at Village Inn before heading home.  The kids were both so tired.  They were asleep before we even left the Village Inn parking lot. 

Papa was pretty excited.  It was midnight and he was still awake!!  (This doesn't happen very often for Papa since his shingles 2 years ago.)  All 4 of us told stories and teased one another to keep one another awake for the ride home.  It was so nice to have Brian with me.  Brian finally gave in to sleep after our Limon stop.  The rest of us stayed awake the entire trip.  We pulled in to Oakley around 4:30 or so.  It was absolutely wonderful to sleep next to my husband!  It's amazing how soundly you sleep when the one you love is snuggled in right beside you. . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment