Monday, November 15, 2010

91.4 degree Floating Mortar Attack!! LOL

What a day!!  Let's just say, I'm glad every Monday isn't a repeat of today!!   I've been irritable, cried, laughed, and loved all in one day!! 

I walked into my classroom today and was met with a heat blast!  My room was 91.4 degrees!!  And, while my room was a furnace, the rooms across the hallway were barely reaching 65 degrees.  Our thermostat was having some issues for the day!!  We left our rooms at 4 and it had "cooled" down to 80.  Let's just say, not much learning was accomplished for the day.

I've met some wonderful families who become good friends in my Kindergarten classrooms, and today I was blessed by another family!  One of the great moms of my room this year made me a beautiful scrapbook to fill with pictures from Brian's 4-day pass!!  It was so unexpected, I couldn't help but cry as I turned each page and read the inscriptions that she choose.  They were all so fitting for our journey!  I can't wait to fill it with pictures from next week.  Thanks Ashlee, Jake, Lewis, Mac and Levi!!

We had a great supper, the dishes were done, no laundry to do (actually I do, but the washer is broke, great excuse) and the kids had played great.  It was bathtime!  I usually do seperate bath times, but decided to let them bathe together since they were playing together so well.  So, I put them in the tub and head into my room to get some stuff done when Ainsley starts SCREAMING "Brogan get out of the tub, quick!"  "Mom, come here, HURRY!"  I knew what had happened.  Any other moms out there know what I'm about to see in the tub?!?!  Yep, Brogan had a floater and he was so proud that he had totally grossed his sissy out and made her get out of the tub!  Ainsley is completely grossed out and mortified while Brogan is laughing and saying "Look Sissy!"  I was mad at the time, but later just had to laugh!!!  We got the tub cleaned and Ainsley gave Brogan a little threat about not pooping in the tub or he was going to get vinegar!!  He was pretty apologetic after that.

Finally, I was trying to rock Brogan to sleep tonight, but he was too interested in singing "the rocket song" (The Star Spangled Banner) with me to keep himself from falling asleep.  He has gotten hooked on this song and won't let me sing my favorites "You Are My Sunshine" and "I Love You Brogan" because he KNOWS those are night-night songs.  Anyways, he is starting to memorize the star spangled banner, so I decided to record it on the phone for Daddy to listen to.  Daddy is at FOB all week, so I thought he could use some cheering up.  Daddy called as soon as he got the message to let us know that he thought it was pretty cool.  I told him about the whole bathtub incident and, you know Brian, he was laughing so hard he could hardly breath.  I love that laugh - I can always pick him out in crowd by just listening for his laugh.  We were enjoying our phone call since we hadn't talked for several days, but then he said, "Sorry Babe, I gotta go, the way people are moving around I think we are about to get a mortar attack."  Crazy thought to be talking on the phone to your husband and he's about to be "under fire".  Just to make it clear - it's all pretend right now.  He's still "in country".  So I could actually joke about it tonight and tell him to go take cover and get a good night's sleep. 

Today was filled with so many different emotions.  Tonight, I can sit back and laugh at everything that happened.  I can go to sleep knowing that Brian will be ok through today's mortar attack and tomorrow's IED explosions.  I can fall asleep with sweet thoughts of today and pleasant dreams for tomorrow.  I hope you can too!  Good night, sleep tight . . . . don't let the bed bugs bite.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm - What a day Stacy! Lots of laughs and quiet reflection.

    ReplyDelete