Monday, January 10, 2011

Ainsley's Top 5

Today, I asked Ainsley to give me her top 5 things that she misses about Daddy.  Here's her list:
1. Going on bike rides!
2. Talking to him every single day
3. Going hunting
4. Having Daddy tuck me in at night
5. Watching movies with Daddy


Ainsley was quick to tell me #1 and I knew that would be #1 before I even asked.  Ainsley learned to ride her bike without training wheels this year.  Each night, Brian would put Brogan in the bike trailer and Ainsley and him would ride all over town.  They had a little route that they would travel.  It was their time together each night

When Brian came home in November, Ainsley really wanted to go on one last bike ride of the year, but it was just too cold.  I can't wait for their nightly routine to get back in swing.  I hope it is a routine that lasts throughout Ainsley's lifetime.  I'm sure their conversations will go from talking about squabbles on the playground, to her first crush, to her college and career choice, to asking her Daddy "what do you think of the boy I brought home?  I think he might be the one".

I love the bond that these two have!!  It is only fitting that we named her after her Daddy, Ainsley Brianne!

2 comments:

  1. Ainsley was telling us Wednesday night how sad Christmas was because her Daddy couldn't be there. What a sweet bond they have & an amazing day it will be when she can give her Daddy a big welcome home hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jada and Ainsley were talking about going for a bike ride when I picked them up from school the other day. When it warms up, we'll have to swing by your house and take Ainsley with us when we go for a bike ride.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete