Monday, February 7, 2011

Conserving Water and Tight-Rope Walking

Just yesterday my mom said to me, "I feel so sorry for Charlotte.  She was left with Brian all by herself while Dean drove truck and if Brogan's anything like Brian was, Poor Woman!" Yes, Brogan is a spitting image of his Daddy and gets into trouble just like his daddy did and still does!

So, why would today be any different?!!  It wasn't - he delivered!!

I've been complaining about my water pressure in the house for a couple of weeks now.  It all started in January when we were cleaning out the basement and then had a snow day the next day.  The kids had been playing downstairs the whole weekend and really enjoying themselves.  The temperatures had gotten well-below freezing and I was making sure that I was leaving cabinets open at night so that I wouldn't have a frozen pipe, but I noticed that I had very low water pressure.  I just thought it was something with the temps and didn't say anything to Dad until later in the week when it started warming up outside.  Dad was puzzled.  I called one of the neighbors to see if they had good water pressure and they did - they suggested calling the city to come see what was going on. 

Well, if you know me, I am very forgetful and like to procrastinate, so we have been going 3+ weeks with bad water pressure.  Last night, I was filling the kids' bath and went to fill water bottles in the kitchen . . . . I had no water, just a trickle.  I called Dad and told him that something was definitely wrong.  He said he would check it out tomorrow.  So, tonight he came over to listen to the pipes to see if he could hear any water running.  He didn't hear anything, so he decided to look further and what he found, well . . .

He found the water shut-off switch in all-but-OFF position!  The switch is located in the kids' toy room at LITTLE BOY LEVEL right next to the kitchen set.  I'm sure Brogan seen that nifty little switch and decided to turn that wrench or fill up his glass with imaginary milk or who knows what.  So, with a quick turn of the switch  . . . . .WE HAD PRESSURE!!!  It was so nice to be able to fill up the bathtub tonight in less than 8 minutes.  I can't wait for my shower in the morning!  I guess Brogan thought our family needed to conserve water in household.

But, that wasn't the end to our evening adventures.  Oh no!  Brogan had more in store for Mommy!  Just enough to make her say his name really loud "BROGAN JOHN!"  Call me a bad mom if you will, but while my kids are in the bathtub, I can get lots done.  Switch laundry, clean-up supper, do dishes, you name it- I do it during the 30 minutes they are in the tub.  Of course, I make frequent check-ups in the bathroom to make sure everyone is still alive and the water is staying in the tub not on my floor.  So, tonight was no different.  I put Brogan in the tub with bubbles and his little airplane and I took off.  A few minutes later, when things seemed "too quiet" I went in to the bathroom to find this:
"I'm walking on a tight-rope, Mommy!!"  He was so proud of himself!  And yes, the bad Mommy in me came out and I stepped back in the hallway and grabbed my camera from the closet to take a few pictures.  It really was pretty cute, albeit dangerous!!  And then, when I pulled out the camera he decided to do a couple tricks and gave me this:
He got down, very gracefully, and asked, "Are you happy?!?"  Oh, Brogan!!  Never a dull moment with you!!  But I wouldn't trade you for anything!  Love you Buddy!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great chuckle tonight - Stacy!! Sorry - but this was very funny. Hilarious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wow. What a cute Brogan story!! He is just soo cute~

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute!!! Never a dull moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had moments like that with my Levi. I know exactly how you feel! If only we could find a way to harness that energy in a productive way!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, that boy is nothing like me. Don't think mom could catch me to put me in the tub. Just sayin, could be worse. Brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Brian, very funny. I glad you were able to get it figured out Stacy, hooray! Now you can help me figure out how to tell Scott that Steven has ruined his new drop down ceiling he put in the downstairs bathroom. Unfortunately bath water doesn't stay in our tub very well either.

    ttyl, Patty

    ReplyDelete